Supervisor Hiring Form
New Employee Supervisor Hiring Instructions:
Before a new employee can begin working, they must complete all the departmental and employment office hiring paperwork as well as the online safety training. Employees should not be allowed to work (including training meetings or overview meetings) until the student can clock in and out and you have received an email confirming that the hiring process is complete and the employee is approved to begin working. Please tell the employee the following:
• They cannot begin work, including participate in training or planning meetings, unless they can clock in and out using the Y-Time system.
• You can tell the student to expect an email from either Michelle Gioglio (230 SNLB/265 CTB) or Erin Tilton (265 CTB) with a link to the online application (sotwebforms.groups.et.byu.net/studentemploymentform).
• If they have not worked on campus prior to this job, they will need to fill out an I-9 form, set up Direct Deposit, as well as verify their SSN during the hiring process.
• They will need to complete the required online safety and FERPA training before they may begin working. They will receive access and instructions for the training as part of the hiring process.
• If you know they need swipe card access to rooms, please fill in which rooms they will need.